So be listening carefully to Ben Bernanke's Fed policy statement after the FOMC meeting ends on Wednesday. His words or any unexpected bad news overseas could trigger a market correction. The DDS equities may go down along with any stocks trading at high multiples to earnings.
To find the next Procter & Gamble, an investor has to think outside the box and have a prescient, analytical approach. Very few saw the potential for PG to trade above $77 during the first quarter of 2013. Those who look for the inconspicuous among the sectors that have lagged may find the next one.
If you own high-flying dividend-payers like JNJ or PG, let me offer a cautionary word to the wise. Whether you own shares of a stock that trades for $770 or for $77 a share, you'll want to remember rule #1 of investing Don't lose money". Using a stealth trailing stop loss alert system can help you manage downside risk while striving to let your winners run.
It behooves all traders and investors to know what a trailing stop loss is and how to use one that the Market Makers can't see or pick off. This way you have more control over your investing results, and my experience has taught me that it lets us invest hoping to find the next PG yet keeps us focused on rule #1.
At the time of publication the author was long MSFT.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV