The valuation still looks reasonable to me.
Now that the stock passes the performance and the valuation test, am I ready to buy?
The stock must pass one more test. A visual check of a one-year chart:
I never buy stocks in downtrends. Sideways trends make me yawn. Topping out and rolling over trends are definitely taboo. This is a trend that should be sold. Stocks that are in healthy uptrends and not too extended are my favorites. I especially like fresh, new breakouts. That's it! Meritage passes my three rigorous tests. If you would like to hear my analysis of this stock from my daily radio show click here. Data from Best Stocks Now App The stock earns an overall grade of "A-." I only buy "A-" or better. This currently represents the top 7% of the entire market. Of the more than 3,000 stocks that I follow, Meritage comes in at 121. Clients of Gunderson Capital Management with an aggressive to moderate risk profile are long the stock. Follow @pwstreet This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV