HOUSTON, March 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Atwood Oceanics, Inc. (NYSE: ATW) announced today the appointment of Jeffrey A. Miller to its Board of Directors. Mr. Miller currently serves as the Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of Halliburton. Previously, Mr. Miller held a number of positions at Halliburton, including most recently as Senior Vice President of Global Business Development and Marketing, responsible for strategic account management, sales and marketing. He also served as Senior Vice President of Halliburton's Gulf of Mexico Region; Vice President of Halliburton's Baroid business line; Country Vice President for Indonesia; and Country Vice President for Angola. Prior to his service at Halliburton, Mr. Miller began his career with Arthur Andersen LLP. Mr. Miller holds a MBA from Texas A&M University, a BS – Agriculture and Business from McNeese State University and is a licensed Certified Public Accountant.
"Jeff brings valuable operational and business development experience to our company," commented George S. Dotson, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Atwood Oceanics, Inc. "Jeff's extensive career with Halliburton includes various international assignments and a successful track record in building businesses, providing our Board with useful perspective and insight."
Atwood Oceanics, Inc. is a global offshore drilling contractor engaged in the drilling and completion of exploratory and developmental oil and gas wells. The company currently owns twelve mobile offshore drilling units and is constructing three ultra-deepwater drillships and one high-specification jackup. The company was founded in 1968 and is headquartered in Houston, Texas. Atwood Oceanics, Inc. common stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "ATW".
SOURCE Atwood Oceanics, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV