Career Education Corporation (CEC) (NASDAQ: CECO), a global provider of postsecondary education programs and services, announced that Louis Caldera was today appointed to the company’s Board of Directors.
Caldera brings a mix of law and policy, higher education, military, business and management experience to the Career Education Board of Directors. Caldera has served in both the Clinton and Obama administrations, as well as on several nonprofit and public company boards of directors. A graduate of the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, he also holds both a law degree and a Master’s of Business Administration from Harvard University.
As President of the University of New Mexico from 2003 to 2006, Caldera oversaw an increase in research and scholarship funding while leading a significant expansion and modernization of university facilities. He increased focus on bolstering the university’s academic reputation, including development of new programs in entrepreneurship, nanotechnology and biomedical engineering.
Serving as Secretary of the Army from 1999 to 2001, Caldera was known for advocating investment in the youngest members of the Army, including improving their opportunities for training and education. He is credited with leading development and beginning implementation of the Army Transformation vision, which moved the Army from a Cold War footing to a rapidly deployable force using new technologies and weapons platforms.As a California state legislator from 1992 to 1997, Caldera served on the Higher Education Committee and authored legislation promoting children’s health and safety, charter schools and public education. Representing a multi-ethnic district centered in downtown Los Angeles, he contributed to economic revitalization efforts.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV