Sartori's Pam Hodgson To Receive Elite Master Cheesemaker Certification
PLYMOUTH, Wis., March 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sartori Cheese is proud to announce that cheesemaker Pam Hodgson will be awarded her Master Cheesemaker Certification this April at the Wisconsin Cheese Industry Conference. Receiving her certification in both Fontina and Open Hard cheese, Hodgson will be only the second woman to receive a Master Cheesemaker Certification.
The Master Cheesemaker Program is a rigorous three year course of study that requires a minimum of 10 years licensed cheese making experience before one can even be considered for admittance. Once accepted, the program includes course work taught by some of the most accomplished educators in the cheese community, an apprenticeship, and a final written examination.
Pam, the granddaughter of an award winning cheesemaker, fell in love with her craft the very first time she helped make a vat of cheese. At Sartori, Pam plays many roles including working on the development of some of Sartori's staple cheeses like Fontina as well as the "one-of-a-kind" varieties like MontAmore ® and award winning Extra -Aged Goat Cheese.Hodgson credits her family for their support and has named her parents as her official mentors for her certification acceptance ceremony. "My parents," explains Hodgson "valued education in broad terms - school, experience, trade skills, and more. They recognized the intrinsic worth of every person. Creative thinking and cheese making require an open mind because when you really listen you find that everyone has value and something to contribute." "Cheese making is very much an art and a science," says Hodgson. "And it is a team sport – everyone at Sartori plays a role in successfully crafting an award winning cheese. I work with really great folks who make my job fun and fulfilling."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV