The stock might continue to go up. In fact, I hope it does. But nothing changed between BlackBerry's strong early showing and Samsung's fail. Nothing, at least not that we know of, changed at Apple. Somebody simply floated a rumor. And, yes, maybe Apple will hike the dividend. That will drive the stock higher. No doubt. Once again, nice trade.
But the long-term questions I was practically alone in asking one year ago remain. The focus, of course, can Apple innovate in the absence of Steve Jobs? Until Tim Cook answers that question, long-term investors shouldn't believe in an AAPL rally in either direction.
--Written by Rocco Pendola in Santa Monica, Calif.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV