WINSTON-SALEM, N.C., March 19, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Primo Water Corporation (Nasdaq:PRMW), a leading provider of multi-gallon purified bottled water, self-serve filtered drinking water and water dispensers, today announced financial results for the fourth quarter and fiscal year ended December 31, 2012.
- Total sales for the year increased 10.1% to $91.5 million compared to the prior year and were consistent at $20.9 million for Q4 compared to the prior year.
- Water segment sales for the year increased 6.8% to $62.7 million compared to the prior year and increased 8.2% to $15.0 million for Q4 compared to the prior year.
- Total adjusted EBITDA for the year increased 84.5% to $5.5 million for fiscal 2012 compared to $3.0 million for 2011 and increased to $1.1 million compared to $(0.8) million in Q4 of the prior year.
- Water segment operating income increased 17.5% to $15.9 million for the full year and increased 36.2% to $3.6 million for Q4 compared to the prior year.
- Water dispenser unit sell-thru to consumers increased 36.4% to 398,619 units for the full year and increased 27.9% to 91,870 units in Q4 of 2012 compared to Q4 of the prior year.
- As of December 31, 2012, 24,500 total locations offered water and/or dispensers, a 4% increase in locations compared to December 31, 2011.
"We are pleased with our net sales growth and operating improvements which enabled us to report our fourth consecutive quarter of adjusted EBITDA improvement as we focused on distribution cost optimization in our water business and increased gross margins in our dispenser business," commented Billy D. Prim, Primo Water's President and Chief Executive Officer. "We continue to see positive business trends in 2013 and are focused on increasing EBITDA, which will be driven by water segment revenue growth, improved gross margins and decreased expenses. Water segment revenue growth will continue to be driven by new end-user customers, as we believe consumer growth in the water segment will further increase with consumer purchases of water dispensers, and our dispenser sales continue to experience strong growth."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV