If that happens, we've got a definitive sell (or short) signal for VALE.
Cliffs Natural Resources
Nearest Resistance: $22
Nearest Support: N/A
Catalyst: Analyst Downgrade
Another mining company, Cliffs Natural Resources (CLF), is getting sold off today as well. The mid-cap iron ore and coal producer is down around 6% after Goldman Sachs changed its rating on the firm to "sell." After the beating that the basic materials sector has taken in the last few months, many sellers were looking for any excuse to get out of a stock like CLF -- Goldman's analyst rating was as good an excuse as any. Worse, sell ratings are rare enough on Wall Street to justify an exodus when a stock gets downgraded that hard.The move is pushing CLF to new 52-week lows today. If you still own this stock, it's worth reconsidering - this downtrend isn't slowing down. To see these stocks in action, check out the at Most-Active Stocks portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Jonas Elmerraji in Baltimore.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV