MEXICO CITY, March 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Circulo K Mexico, a subsidiary of one of the world's largest convenience store chains, has selected IBM (NYSE: IBM) PureSystems to upgrade and consolidate its IT infrastructure. With the new PureFlex system, Circulo K will be able to rapidly add new applications and bring new services on line for its customers.
Using PureFlex, Circulo K Mexico will also create a high-availability backup system that can speed recovery times and reduce critical application failures by up to 90 percent. In fact, during the months since deploying the new system, Circulo K has been able to reduce the time required to install and upgrade applications on servers from three months to 30 minutes.
"The most attractive differentiator for Circulo K was the innovative technology found within PureFlex," said Carlos Guerrero, Manager of Information Technology Infrastructure at Circle K Mexico. "These systems are fully integrated and contain a depth of experience and industry knowledge that only IBM has."Working with IBM Business Partner Acceco, Circulo K replaced its existing Dell platforms and selected PureFlex over HP to provide the backbone for a new smarter computing infrastructure. The IBM PureSystems family offers clients an alternative to current enterprise computing models, where multiple and disparate systems require significant resources to set up and maintain. PureFlex System enables organizations to more efficiently create and manage an infrastructure. PureApplication System helps organizations reduce the cost and complexity of rapidly deploying and managing applications. PureData System is tuned for cloud computing and can consolidate more than 100 databases on a single system. In addition to the common web application patterns supported by PureApplication System, the combination of both PureData and PureApplication Systems can be used for end to end transaction workloads.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV