Monthly Report Shows Ore. Jobless Rate Unchanged
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) â¿¿ A state report says Oregon's unemployment rate hasn't changed.
The monthly report released Tuesday by the state Employment Department said the jobless rate was at 8.4 percent in February, the same as in January. The rate has been within a range of about half a percentage point for more than a year.
A year earlier the rate was 8.9 percent. The rate is based on a survey of households, and the figures are seasonally adjusted.
The report said a federal government survey of employment showed the state added 6,800 jobs in February, all but 800 in the private sector. The state's total nonfarm payroll employment is more than 1.6 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV