A Perfect Vacation? According To New Book It's Possible. Just Stick To The Vacation Rules.
SAN FRANCISCO, March 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- A new e-book is urging its readers to take time out for reflection before locking in their vacation plans. Vacation Rules proposes 36 rules designed to help its readers achieve a perfect vacation, and suggests that vacationers clarify the issues that will make their trip a success before they zero in on specific destinations or types of vacation.
"It's easy to get caught up in the excitement of the vacation research and booking process," said co-author Rod Cuthbert, an online travel industry veteran. "People enjoy the process of searching for destinations, looking for deals, planning activities and booking everything online. But without defining exactly what their goals are and the benefits they want their vacation to deliver, they risk spending a lot of time and money on an experience that ends up being good, but not great. That's a common outcome, and one that's easy to avoid.""A trip that looks good on paper may not deliver any well-being benefits," according to co-author Dr. Sebastian Filep, a researcher with a focus on vacation happiness. "A classic mistake is attempting to maximize value for money by planning trips that have too many components. Perhaps you're planning a trip to Italy, three cities in ten days, and you realize it will cost only a little extra to add Venice and Milan. Constantly hopping from one destination to the next is generally not a good idea. A better approach is to plan simpler itineraries. Less complexity means more time to understand and experience the things that make each place unique. By doing and seeing less, you can do more to improve your health and well-being." The book's first rule is the most important, and also the briefest:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV