Miami Attorneys Howard Srebnick And G. Richard Strafer To Appear Before The United States Supreme Court
MIAMI, March 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Howard Srebnick, a Partner in the Miami firm of Black, Srebnick Kornspan & Stumpf, P.A., along with G. Richard Strafer will be appearing before the United States Supreme Court in the Fall of 2013. Howard Srebnick will be presenting argument. A Petition for Writ of Certiorari was granted yesterday in the case of United States v. Kaley, U.S. Supreme Court Case No. 12-464.
The question being reviewed is whether criminal defendants who cannot use their assets to retain counsel of choice because of an asset freeze has the constitutional right to challenge the government's underlying charges during a pretrial hearing.
Attorneys Howard Srebnick and Richard Strafer co-authored the Petition for Writ of Certiorari. The National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers filed an amicus brief in support of the Petition, and because there is a division among lower courts on the question, the Justice Department, in their brief, also agreed that the Court should address the issue.
For copies of all briefs, visit www.royblack.com.FAMOUS FOR ITS HIGH-PROFILE CRIMINAL DEFENSE AND CIVIL LITIGATION WORK, BLACK SREBNICK KORNSPAN & STUMPF, PA, HANDLES SELECT CRIMINAL AND CIVIL MATTERS THROUGHOUT THE UNITED STATES. FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ON BLACK SREBNICK KORNSPAN & STUMPF, PA, SEE WWW.ROYBLACK.COM. THE FIRM'S OFFICE IS AT 201 S. BISCAYNE BLVD., SUITE 1300, MIAMI, FL 33131. TELEPHONE: 305-371-6421; FAX: 305-358-2006. For information contact: Wanda Gomez or Scott KornspanBlack, Srebnick, Kornspan & Stumpf, P.A.(305) 371-6421 SOURCE Black, Srebnick Kornspan & Stumpf, P.A.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV