- A significant decline – from five years to just two years – in the amount of time a parent can receive CalWORKs cash assistance and participate in the full array of welfare-to-work activities.
- Reductions to the CalWORKs grant, which mean that families now lose cash assistance well before their incomes reach the federal poverty line.
- A decrease by one-third in funding for the childcare budget. This $900 million decrease in annual funding has resulted in a loss of 110,000 childcare slots.
- A steep decline in women's enrollment in California's community colleges, which provide education that leads to employment or a four-year degree.
Declining Employment For Women And Deep Budget Cuts Block Pathways To Economic Recovery For Women -- And California
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.