U.S. Travel Agencies Air Ticket Sales Virtually Flat Compared To 2012
ARLINGTON, Va., March 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ARC, the financial settlement link between airlines and travel sellers, reported today that the consolidated dollar value of airline tickets sold by U.S.-based travel agencies increased 0.20 percent* year-over-year in the first two months of 2013 compared to the same period last year, totaling $15 billion vs. $14.9 billion in 2012.
Ticket transactions so far for 2013 decreased 1.05 percent over the same period in 2012 to 25.5 million. Year-to-date passenger segments were essentially flat, decreasing 0.7 percent to 53.8 million compared to 54.5 million in 2012.
More detailed information is available at https://www.arccorp.com/news/stat/2013-02.jspAbout ARC: ARC powers the U.S.-based travel network with premier business solutions, travel agency accreditation services, process and financial management tools, and powerful data analytics. Nearly 14,000 travel agencies and 190 airlines use ARC's settlement services, which in 2012 totaled more than $84 billion. As the industry's gold standard of accreditation, ARC allows participating agencies and carriers to focus on what's important – increasing their revenue. Established in 1984, ARC is headquartered in Arlington, Va. For more information, visit www.arccorp.com. Notes for Editors: *Ticket Sales
- Results based on monthly sales data ending Feb. 28, 2013 from 13,823 U.S. retail and corporate travel agencies, satellite ticket printing offices and online travel agencies.
- Results do not include sales of tickets purchased directly from airlines.
- Total sales are equal to the total amount paid for a ticket, which includes taxes and fees.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV