DETROIT, March 19, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Covisint, a Compuware (Nasdaq:CPWR) company, will present consumer and technology insights on automotive connectivity at two Automotive World events: Automotive Megatrends USA 2013 and Automotive World Marketing Summit. Covisint CSO Dave Miller will discuss initial study findings about how OEMs can move consumers to the center of vehicle connectivity and securely place driver identities in the cloud on March 19 and 20, 2013, respectively.
Conference attendees will get an early glimpse into a recent, independent consumer survey on automotive connectivity findings that show:
- how important consumers think owner-centric connectivity is;
- explosive future growth in this market, and;
- the most important perceived benefits to consumers.
The consumer study was commissioned by CGS Advisors for Covisint. The company will share final results through a whitepaper in April.Automotive Megatrends attendees will learn how portable identities can bring an owner's preferences, applications and information to any car they drive. For example, when renting a car, a connected owner's radio presets, phone numbers, satellite subscriptions, seat and mirror settings and other conveniences will be obtained securely from the cloud. For more information and to register, please visit http://bit.ly/YbnIsV . Automotive World Marketing Summit attendees will learn how automakers should engage with consumers in today's hyper-connected world. Miller will discuss preferences of new car buyers, exposing how the industry is at a "tipping point" of connected vehicle demand. For more information and to register, please visit http://bit.ly/XLfMis . "People want to easily and safely access their information and applications on any device--regardless of whether that device is a 3,000-pound car or a 1.5-pound tablet computer," said Miller. " Automotive technologies have traditionally advanced in a 'vehicle-centric' way, with newer features replacing older ones and providing a useful but not necessarily integrated customer experience. To maintain relevancy and profits, particularly with younger customers who demand an 'always connected' lifestyle, automakers are increasingly adopting the " owner-centric" approach fostered by Covisint." Covisint's cloud engagement platform offers OEMs a robust, secure and proven platform for driving additional revenue and customer loyalty through connected vehicle initiatives. With Covisint, OEM CIOs, CMOs and LOB leaders can deliver a unified and global connected vehicle platform--based on their own business strategies, not their TSP's limitations--and one, integrated experience across the ownership lifecycle.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV