AF&PA Announces 2013 Paper Recycling Awards Winners
Newly Improved paperrecycles.org Website Relaunched
CHICAGO, March 19, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The American Forest & Paper Association (AF&PA) today announced the winners of its 2013 Recycling Awards in Chicago at Paper2013 – the premier industry event. Now in its eighth consecutive year, the AF&PA Recycling Awards recognize outstanding paper recycling programs in three categories: Business Leadership, Community and School.
"Voluntary paper recovery for recycling is one of our industry's greatest success stories," said AF&PA President and CEO Donna Harman. "More paper is recovered for recycling from municipal solid waste streams than any other commodity, in part, because of programs across the country like these we are recognizing today.""We salute the winners of the 2013 AF&PA Recycling Awards for displaying excellence in paper recycling at the business, community and school levels," added Graphic Packaging International, Inc. President and CEO and AF&PA Board Chairman David Scheible, who announced the winners. This year's winners each receive a $2,000 cash prize and an original framed artwork and gain media recognition through the award presentation in their local market. 2013 AF&PA Recycling Award Winners
- Business Leadership Award – Edwards Brothers Malloy – Ann Arbor, MI Edwards Brothers Malloy is a book manufacturing business. A zero landfill vision and an education program for their 900 employees led them to recover over 12,500 tons of paper for recycling in 2012.
- Community Recycling Award – City of Guntersville – Guntersville, AL Guntersville's 8500 residents recovered 865 tons of paper in 2012. A partnership with 25 organizations and collaboration between city agencies has increased public participation and awareness. Information about the program is disseminated via municipal offices and local media.
- School Recycling Award – Bishop Watterson High School – Columbus, OH Bishop Watterson High School recovered 18.36 tons of paper in 2012, with nearly all 1,100 students and staff actively participating in recycling efforts. The recycling program includes a number of partnerships and various classes include paper recycling in their curriculum.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts