- Fund research with the greatest potential to save lives: To ensure a growing research investment, the Partnership will collaborate with organizations and empower people to take action in their communities and raise funds through various programs. For example, the Partnership plans to more than quadruple from 41,000 to 200,000 the number of people reached through its Free to Breathe event series by 2022. Through walks, runs, yogathons and other events, Free to Breathe unites people who are passionate about creating public awareness of lung cancer and raising vital funds for research.
- Help all patients fully understand their treatment options: Getting the right information to patients at the right time through a variety of educational resources – including via health care providers – will translate to more patients receiving the most effective care as early as possible. Currently reaching about 16,000 patients every year through its informational campaigns – including patient handbooks and videos – the Partnership vows to increase that to 200,000 patients by 2022.
- Ensure molecular tumor testing is the standard of care: The Partnership will help patients understand the importance of molecular tumor testing, which assesses the DNA and other characteristics of the tumor to guide the physician in prescribing the most effective treatment. While only two lung cancer genetic targets are treated with approved therapies today, the Partnership aims for at least 10 to be treatable by 2022.
- Double the number of lung cancer patients participating in clinical trials: The Partnership will help patients understand the importance of participating in clinical trials, which can lead to new cutting-edge therapies and treatments, as well as work with physicians to ensure greater participation among their patients. The Partnership will more than double the number of lung cancer patients who participate in clinical trials annually from less than two percent of eligible patients to 5 percent.
National Lung Cancer Partnership Unveils Bold Vision To Double 5 Year Lung Cancer Survival By 2022
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.