SACRAMENTO, Calif., March 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- From ending domestic violence and supporting teen safe driving to helping Americans prepare for catastrophe, The Allstate Foundation is addressing society's pressing issues with more than $19 million donated in 2012 directly supporting the work of local and national nonprofits to build safe, diverse and financially strong communities. In California, The Allstate Foundation provided $890,000 last year while partnering with Safety Center, Inc., the California Partnership to End Domestic Violence, California Friday Night Live Partnership and other not-for-profit organizations.
"We know the power that financial resources can bring in tackling the challenges that our communities face, and recognize that our ultimate strength lies in the people who champion and affect solutions," said Phil Telgenhoff, Field Vice President of Allstate in California. "From organizations specifically created to assist their communities to Allstate employees and agency owners who volunteer their time or donate funds, together we all can inspire change and improve lives."
The Allstate Foundation continues to focus on saving teen lives on the road and helping survivors of domestic violence move from safety to security through financial empowerment. The Allstate Foundation has set a goal of reaching 500,000 survivors with financial empowerment services and a 50 percent reduction in teen traffic fatalities by 2015.
Of the $890,000 the Foundation gave in California in 2012,
- Nearly 40 percent went to creating awareness about the dangers of risky driving and instilling a lifetime of safe driving behaviors among thousands of California teens.
- Approximately 30 percent helped victims of domestic violence get free and stay free from abuse by achieving financial independence.
- About 30 percent funded multiple programs that revitalize neighborhoods, build strong communities, assist with disaster preparedness and response, teach tolerance to youth or alleviate discrimination.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts