Steelworkers Ratify Contracts With Titan International
PITTSBURGH, March 19, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The United Steelworkers (USW) today said that workers at three Titan International, Inc. tire plants ratified new contracts this week.
The members of USW Local 164 in Des Moines, Iowa; USW Local 745 in Freeport, Ill.; and USW Local 890 in Bryan, Ohio each approved four-year agreements, which include wage and benefit improvements and a variety of contract language enhancements, most notably around the issue of forced overtime.
USW District 7 Director Jim Robinson, who chairs the union's negotiations with Titan, said that the union believes it reached a fair contract despite the challenge of negotiating while the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) is caught up in a political and legal dispute between the U.S. Senate and President Obama."For a variety of reasons, these were difficult negotiations," said Robinson. "We were able to address important issues at all three locations and satisfied a majority of the men and women whose unity and solidarity never wavered throughout the process." Robinson noted that Steelworkers at the Bryan and Freeport facilities spent the last two years dealing with problems created by Titan's implementation of a "last, best and final" contract, which led the union to file charges with the NLRB. Those charges were settled as part of the new agreements between Titan and the USW. The USW is North America's largest industrial union, representing 850,000 workers in metals, mining, pulp and paper, rubber, chemicals, glass, auto supply and the energy-producing industries. More information, contact: Tony Montana (412) 562-2592; email@example.com SOURCE United Steelworkers (USW)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV