This strategy consists of buying one call option and selling another at a higher strike price to help pay the cost and establish a 100% risk-controlled position. The spread generally profits if the stock price moves higher, just as a regular long call srategy would, up to the point where the short call caps further gains. The maximum gain is capped at expiration, should the stock price do even better than hoped and exceed the higher strike price.
OptionsProfits can be followed on Twitter at twitter.com/OptionsProfits
Carolyn can be followed on Twitter at twitter.com/Fibonacciqueen
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV