Cablevision Systems (NYSE: CVC) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.30%. Cablevision Systems Corporation provides telecommunications and media services. It operates in two segments, Telecommunications Services and Other. The company has a P/E ratio of 117.33. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Cablevision Systems a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Cablevision Systems has been 3,550,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Cablevision Systems has a market cap of $3.0 billion and is part of the media industry. Shares are down 4.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Cablevision Systems as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Media industry. The net income increased by 92.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $60.63 million to $116.54 million.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $533.19 million or 6.88% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -6.27%.
- 45.20% is the gross profit margin for CABLEVISION SYS CORP which we consider to be strong. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 7.00% trails the industry average.
- CABLEVISION SYS CORP has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CABLEVISION SYS CORP reported lower earnings of $0.13 versus $0.84 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.46 versus $0.13).
- The share price of CABLEVISION SYS CORP has not done very well: it is down 6.73% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. Looking ahead, we do not see anything in this company's numbers that would change the one-year trend. It was down over the last twelve months; and it could be down again in the next twelve. Naturally, a bull or bear market could sway the movement of this stock.
- You can view the full Cablevision Systems Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts