3 Sell-Rated Dividend Stocks
Pengrowth Energy (NYSE: PGH) shares currently have a dividend yield of 8.50%. Pengrowth Energy Corporation engages in the acquisition, exploration, development, and production of oil and natural gas reserves in Canada. It primarily explores for crude oil, natural gas, and natural gas liquids in the provinces of Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, and Nova Scotia. The company has a P/E ratio of 184.33. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Pengrowth Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Pengrowth Energy has been 2,435,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Pengrowth Energy has a market cap of $2.8 billion and is part of the energy industry. Shares are up 10.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Pengrowth Energy as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself, disappointing return on equity and generally high debt management risk. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- PGH's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 45.60%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Although its share price is down sharply from a year ago, do not assume that it can now be tagged as cheap and attractive. The reality is that, based on its current price in relation to its earnings, PGH is still more expensive than most of the other companies in its industry.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, PENGROWTH ENERGY CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.42, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 0.45 is very low and demonstrates very weak liquidity.
- PENGROWTH ENERGY CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PENGROWTH ENERGY CORP reported lower earnings of $0.02 versus $0.26 in the prior year.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $207.68 million or 1.53% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, PENGROWTH ENERGY CORP's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 28.97%.
- You can view the full Pengrowth Energy Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV