Metal Shark Boats Announces Expansion
JEANERETTE, La. (AP) â¿¿ Metal Shark Boats says it's expanding its Jeanerette, La. shipyard again.
Company President Chris Allard and Gov. Bobby Jindal said Monday the expansion will create 88 new jobs with an average salary of more than $62,000. Hiring for the new jobs is underway.
Jindal says Metal Shark is meeting the needs of "our armed forces while also providing great jobs for our hardworking men and women."
Last May, Jindal helped dedicate a previous expansion of Metal Shark's Jeanerette facility after the company won a $192 million U.S. Coast Guard contract to build a boat to broaden its homeland security mission. The company is also building other boat classes for the Coast Guard, U.S. Navy, local law enforcement agencies and foreign agencies.Construction will begin later this year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV