Analog Devices (ADI) is another stock that's looking "toppy" right now. Shares of the $14 billion chipmaker have been staging a respectable run since November, up more than 14%, versus around 10% for the S&P 500. But a double top pattern in shares puts the uptrend in question for March.
The double top is a setup that's formed by two swing highs that hit their heads at approximately the same price level. The sell signal comes on a breakdown below the near-term support level for shares, currently right at $44.50. If shares slip below that price, we've got a sell signal for shares. With ADI trading just above that level this morning, here again is a potential for a quick trade signal this week.
If you do decide to take the trade in ADI, I'd recommend keeping a tight stop in place.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV