PublicStuff's New City-to-Citizen Communications System Makes It Easier For Cities To "Listen" To Residents
NEW YORK, March 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- PublicStuff, the digital communications system for improving access to city services, today released a new version of its solution to help local governments turn civic inquiries into tangible community improvements. PublicStuff has added new features that benefit both city representatives and the people they serve, including a more robust Citizen Engagement Management System and a customizable widget platform to help cities create a one-stop shop for all civic communications. For app users, the addition of One Voice translation technology, push notifications and a Community Catalyst Program broaden and deepen engagement. With this launch, PublicStuff is making it simple and more rewarding for people to improve their community, and provides local government with the easiest, most efficient method to communicate with residents and resolve issues.
The widespread adoption of social media, coupled with recent initiatives that have opened up city data, is sparking a tide of citizen interest in their city services. In response, there has been a flurry of innovation to provide more engaging, effective ways to give residents better access to local government, however most cities are not set up to manage or maintain the resulting information flow. In response, PublicStuff has enhanced its cost-effective, easy-to-use system to enable local governments to better manage and customize the ebb and flow of information and requests between a city and its citizens.
"People are more engaged than ever in improving their communities, yet it can be a struggle for cities to manage the inbound communication and outbound information flow," said Lily Liu, founder and chief executive officer, PublicStuff. "We've seen incredible resolution rates from the cities that have implemented the PublicStuff system. This new launch gives our broader base of consumers an even better way to directly engage with their city representatives, and offers local governments the tools necessary to manage and resolve issues."
More than 200 cities are using PublicStuff's customizable self-service platform because it helps them reduce communication costs by at least 50 percent and delivers service requests submitted via users' laptops, mobile phones or tablets to the right person, in any city, to get them resolved quickly. The new version includes:
- One Voice Translation: PublicStuff is the only solution with instant translation capabilities that offers citizens the ability to submit requests and communicate with city officials in their preferred language. With support for more than 16 languages, the app makes city improvement accessible to all residents regardless of language spoken.
- New Citizen Engagement Management Tools to better manage feedback and requests from the public and customize information important to their residents and communities. City representatives can view community issues and resolution data by geographic boundaries, date ranges, residents and department to improve their digital communications outreach to residents.
- Civic Apps that enable governments to build data flows on top of the PublicStuff app to create a single customizable platform of city information, e.g., emergency weather alerts, holiday activities, animal shelter notifications and even updated information for sports teams.
- Push Notifications to assure users that their requests are being routed to the right person to get them resolved quickly, and notify them when the request is completed.
- The Community Catalyst Program offers residents a chance to inspire others and gain recognition for being civically engaged by inviting them to share the stories behind their service requests. Catalyst Program members receive an information- and gear-packed "Catalyst Kit," and can get their story published across PublicStuff's social media channels, newsletter and website.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV