SANTA ANA, Calif. and AVARDA, Colo., March 19, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- STEC, Inc. (Nasdaq:STEC), a leading global provider of solid-state storage solutions, and Demartek, LLC, a leader in lab validation testing of server, network, storage, and security technologies, today announced evaluation results confirming that STEC's solid-state storage solutions deliver significantly enhanced performance for managing large volumes of data transactions. Conducted by Demartek, the test examined the STEC™ s1120 PCIe Accelerator in a primary storage configuration, as well as in a caching environment in combination with STEC's EnhanceIO™ SSD Cache Software. In both configurations, STEC far exceeded traditional SAN performance.
Demartek, deployed a real database on Microsoft SQL Server running an on-line transaction processing (OLTP) workload. The test modeled a brokerage firm with customers who generate transactions related to trades, account inquiries and market research. In turn, the hypothetical brokerage firm interacts with financial markets to execute orders on behalf of the customers and updates relevant account information.
Key findings in Demartek's testing and analysis of the STEC s1120 SSD and EnhanceIO software include:
- For primary storage configurations, using the s1120, it was determined that: -- Database transactions per second were up to 16 times higher than a similarly configured HDD storage environment -- Bandwidth was up to 7.5 times higher than the HDD solution -- Latency was 100 times lower than in an HDD system
- For caching configurations, using the s1120 and EnhanceIO Caching software, it was determined that: -- Database transactions per second were up to 8 times higher than with HDDs
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts