DEARBORN, Mich., March 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Ford has begun requiring that more than 100 materials and components meet stringent standards to minimize potential allergy issues on the new Fusion and other Ford vehicles
- Engineers avoid materials such as latex, chrome and nickel – a metal 10 percent of Americans are allergic to – that can cause allergic reactions
- Similar to a furnace filter in a house, cabin air filters in the 2013 Fusion and other new Ford vehicles prevent airborne particles such as dust, spores, fungus and pollen from entering the vehicle
- More than half of all Americans test positive to one or more allergens
As spring arrives and more Americans prepare to face allergies, the new 2013 Ford Fusion can help combat common airborne and touch-based allergens, while monitoring possible irritants in areas where customers are driving or planning to visit.
Ford engineers tested more than 100 materials and components on the new Fusion and other Ford vehicles for allergy issues. Engineers avoid – or minimize – materials such as natural latex, hexavalent chromium and nickel, which can produce an allergic reaction in some people.
Components requiring allergen testing include common high-touch areas such as the seats, steering wheel, armrests, door handles and shifters."Allergies affect large numbers of people, so anything we can do to reduce potential allergens inside Ford vehicles we do through rigorous, controlled testing," said Linda Schmalz, supervisor of Core Material Engineering for Ford. WebMD says more than half of all Americans test positive to one or more allergens. Allergies have been increasing for the past three decades across all age, gender and racial groups, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Ford seeks to reduce the irritation of allergens – associated with seasonal weather and possibly rash-inducing materials – by rigorously testing its vehicles and installing cabin air filters that prevent airborne particles such as dust, spores, fungus and pollen from entering the vehicle.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV