MONTREAL, March 19, 2013 /CNW Telbec/ - At Laurentian Bank's Annual Shareholders' Meeting held today at the Montréal Science Centre, Mr. L. Denis Desautels marked his last such assembly in the role of Chairman of the Bank's Board of Directors. Mr. Desautels has sat on the Board for the past 11 years, including 10 as Chairman.
A man of values and principles, Mr. Desautels led the Board of Directors with a great degree of integrity and pragmatism, while lending the Bank his keen vision and business sense. During the decade that he served as Board Chairman, he played a decisive role in advancing the development and profitability of the Bank, having actively participated in consolidating its foundations.
"I am proud of the progress made by the Bank during the years that I had the privilege of serving as its Chairman," underlined Mr. Desautels. "The organization is solid, its directions are clear, and it has a well developed and coherent business strategy. I am convinced that, thanks to its highly able Management team and Board of Directors, the organization will successfully continue to pursue its growth in the years to come."
"Over the course of the past 10 years, Mr. Desautels played a strategic role in the decisions leading to the improvement of the institution's performance," added Bank President and CEO, Réjean Robitaille, at the Annual Meeting. "Always committed to acting in the best interests of the Bank's stakeholders, his counsel and leadership served as particularly valuable assets. I would like to join the members of the Board and Management Committee, as well as our employees and shareholders, in extending a warm thank you to Mr. Desautels for his exceptional contribution to the Bank. We wish him all the very best in his future endeavours."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV