DUBLIN, Ohio, March 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Wendy's Company (NASDAQ: WEN) today announced a long-term agreement with The Eljuri Group to develop 20 Wendy's® restaurants in Ecuador.
As the largest business group in Ecuador, Eljuri expects to open its first two Wendy's locations in 2013 in Guayaquil, a coastal city with a population of 2.3 million people.
"With proven success across a wide range of businesses, The Eljuri Group has a strong quality orientation and considerable resources to successfully launch and build Wendy's brand presence in Ecuador," said Darrell van Ligten, President, International, The Wendy's Company. "This is an important step in our continued momentum in the Latin America and Caribbean region, where we have a growing presence of franchise restaurants in 17 countries and U.S. territories."Comprised of more than 160 companies in varied industries, Eljuri has extensive real estate and hotel food service experience. The agreement with Wendy's marks Eljuri's first entry into the quick-service restaurant industry. "We are passionate about the Wendy's business, values and prospects for success in Ecuador," said Juan Doumet, Chairman of the Board of Directors, for Wendy's Ecuador and a member of The Eljuri Group. "As a Wendy's franchisee, we look forward to making Wendy's a leading option for consumers based on excellent quality, service, value and location." About The Wendy's CompanyThe Wendy's Company is the world's third largest quick-service hamburger company. The Wendy's system includes more than 6,500 franchise and Company restaurants in the United States and 27 countries and U.S. territories worldwide. For more information, visit www.aboutwendys.com or www.wendys.com. SOURCE The Wendy's Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV