NEW YORK ( TheStreet) - Big buckets selling for equally big bucks. AT&T (T) is now offering business customers, and anyone else who wants it, large "buckets" of data each month at equally large prices.
Mid-morning, AT&T was trading at $36.25 up $0.10 or 0.28%.
Under the company's new Mobile Share plans, users can now choose options with as much as 30 GB, 40 GB or 50 GB each month. The prices AT&T is asking are equally large: $300, $400 and $500 per month. Those prices include unlimited voice and texting services. Data overages will cost you $15 per GB.
You're allow to share the new 30 GB plan with as many as 10 devices, up to 15 for the 40 GB and 20 devices for the 50 GB package. But, that will cost. AT&T is asking a separate fee of $30/month for the first smartphone on the account and an additional $10 per month for each tablet or gaming device, $20 for connected laptops and netbooks and $30 for any basic/feature or smartphone.If you don't want a single smartphone on your monthly plan AT&T is offering their big data buckets without the voice and data options. Those will set you back $185 (30 GB), $260 (40 GB) and $335 (50 GB) respectively. Of course, there are still more affordable options to choose. They range from $40 each month for 1 GB to $200 for 20 GB of voice, text and data. --Written by Gary Krakow in New York. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV