NEW YORK (TheStreet) -Vodafone (VOD) shares rose more than 2% before market open on Tuesday as rumors continued to swirl that it will buyout Verizon's (VZ) stake in their Verizon Wireless joint venture.
Shares of Vodafone gained 2.18% to $28.54. The telecom giant was also one of the most active pre-market Nasdaq stocks on share volume of 334,401. Verizon shares crept up 0.33% to $48.91.
Dell (DELL) shares rose 1.13% to $14.33 in pre-market trading on Tuesday amid media reports that Blackstone may outbid the $13.65 a share take-private offer from Michael Dell and Silver Lake Partners. The PC maker was another active pre-market Nasdaq stock on share volume of 397,950.
Ericsson (ERIC) shares dipped 0.47% to $12.74. The phone maker was also the most active pre-market Nasdaq stock on share volume of 1,210,835.Shares of Sirius XM (SIRI) rose 0.65% to $3.12. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV