Pennsylvania American Water unveiled today its 2013 construction schedule to build nine new water storage tanks, as well as rehabilitate 14 existing tanks throughout the commonwealth. The new tank construction will provide increased storage capacity to meet customer demand and improve fire protection, while the company’s rehab program of inspecting, sandblasting and repainting the existing tanks will extend their service life and protect water quality.
The estimated cost of the new tank construction is $11.5 million, and the rehab projects total approximately $5 million for a combined capital investment of nearly $16.5 million.
“Storage tanks are a critical component of our water infrastructure, because they ensure that adequate, reliable water supplies are always available for the communities we serve,” said President Kathy L. Pape of Pennsylvania American Water, noting that the company currently owns and maintains more than 275 storage structures. “The new tanks we’re building are necessary to meet customer demands for reliable water service and fire protection.”
New tank construction is planned in the following communities:
- North Annville Township, Lebanon County - 750,000-gallon concrete tank, scheduled for completion by fall. Estimated cost $1.4 million
- Susquehanna Depot Borough, Susquehanna County – 680,000-gallon concrete tank, scheduled for completion by year end. Estimated cost $2.5 million
- Pittston Township, Luzerne County – 1,000,000-gallon steel tank, scheduled for completion by year end. Estimated cost $1.35 million
- Newton Township, Lackawanna County – 400,000-gallon elevated steel tank, scheduled for completion by year end. Estimated Cost $1.6 million.
- Kane Borough, McKeon County - 600,000-gallon elevated steel tank, scheduled for completion by year end. Estimated cost $1.7 million
- Delaware Township (Hickory), Pike County - 100,000-gallon steel tank, scheduled for completion by year end. Estimated cost $490,000
- Delaware Township (Silver), Pike County - 135,000-gallon steel tank, scheduled for completion by year end. Estimated cost $500,000
- East Buffalo Township, Union County - 500,000-gallon elevated steel tank, scheduled for completion by year end. Estimated cost $ 1.75 million.
- Ellwood City, Lawrence County - 200,000-gallon standpipe to supplement existing tank, scheduled for completion in third quarter 2013. Estimated cost $250,000.
- Green Tree Borough, Allegheny County – 2.5 million-gallon capacity elevated tank
- Liberty Borough, Allegheny County – 560,000-gallon capacity tank
- South Union Township, Fayette County - 500,000-gallon capacity Hopwood Tank
- Connoquenessing Township, Butler County – 250,000-gallon capacity elevated tank
- South Fayette Township, Allegheny County – 1.5 million-gallon capacity Mayview Tank North and 1.5 million-gallon capacity Mayview Tank South
- Lower Makefield Township, Bucks County – 1 million-gallon capacity Big Oak Tank
- Limerick Township, Montgomery County – 1 million-gallon capacity tank
- Pen Argyl Borough, Northampton County – 500,000-gallon capacity tank
- Pittston Township, Luzerne County –, 250,000-gallon capacity Vogelbacher Tank #2
- Montrose Borough, Susquehanna County – 380,000-gallon capacity tank
- Scranton, Lackawanna County – 1.9 million-gallon capacity Williams Bridge (Oakmont) Tank
- Fell Township, Lackawanna County – 750,000-gallon capacity Fallbrook Tank,
- Scranton, Lackawanna County – 2.5 million-gallon capacity Lake Scranton South Tank
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV