The law firm of Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein, LLP is investigating potential accounting and securities fraud at Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Corporation (“Great Lakes” or the “Company) (NASDAQ: GLDD).
If you have information relating to this investigation or purchased or acquired shares of Great Lakes prior to March 14, 2013, we encourage you to click here or contact Brendan P. Glackin of Lieff Cabraser toll-free at 1 (800) 541-7358.
Located in Oak Brook, Illinois, Great Lakes is the largest provider of dredging services in the United States and a major provider of commercial and industrial demolition and remediation services. For the year ended December 31, 2012, Great Lakes reported Revenue of $687.6 million (9.6% increase from previous year), Net Loss of $2.7 million and Adjusted EBITDA of $60.9 million. For the year ended December 31, 2011, Great Lakes reported Revenue of $627.3 million, Net Income of $16.5 million and adjusted EBITDA $93.7 million.On March 14, 2013, the Company disclosed it had recognized revenue in 2012 in a manner not consistent with its accounting policy. It further revealed “a failure of internal controls to detect or prevent misstatements in [its] financial statements,” which was “material to [its] results of operations for the quarterly and year-to-date periods ended June 30, 2012 and September 30, 2012.” The Company disclosed a “material weakness” in its disclosure controls, described as a deficiency (or series of deficiencies) in internal controls over financial reporting such that there is a reasonable possibility that a material misstatement of Great Lakes’ annual or interim financial statements will not be prevented or detected on a timely basis. The Company further revealed that “2012 second and third quarter demolition segment revenues were overstated by $3.9 million and $4.3 million, respectively.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV