Monster.com, the worldwide leader in successfully connecting people to job opportunities, and flagship brand of Monster Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: MWW), and Military.com, the nation’s largest military and veteran membership organization, today released a report summarizing the top-line recommendations and discussions following the first National Veteran Employment Summit held in December 2012. The Summit brought together senior human resource professionals, military and government officials, academic leaders and military veterans to address the best practices for preparing, supporting, and connecting veterans to the organizations that want to hire them.
Senator Joe Manchin (D-W. Va), an active member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, praised organizations that focus on hiring veterans and stated, "Today’s veteran’s make great hires, and I've always said, if you want to help a vet, hire a vet."
The report highlights that there is no one-size-fits-all solution for every organization looking to implement a veteran hiring program.
Recommendations from the conference include:
- Learn from the best. Look to the targeted veteran hiring initiatives like those at Boeing, JP Morgan and the Department of Veterans Affairs and emulate their best practices.
- Take advantage of the tools. From military skill translators to workshops and seminars, there are numerous tools for organizations to use as they implement and grow their veteran hiring program.
- Build Veteran Affinity and Mentoring Programs. Make use of the veterans you have in-house. Employed military veterans can help support an organization’s veterans’ hiring initiatives, educate their peers, and serve as a resource to in-house recruiters.
- Give veterans a chance. 99 percent of employers who have hired veterans recommend doing so.
- Take the lead. Turn a million transitioning service members into a million talented candidates for your company.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV