OCEANPORT, N.J., March 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) –
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC), a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School that is consistently named a "Best Hospital" in US News & World Report's annual rankings, has deployed CommVault® Simpana® software to guarantee quality patient care through increased data protection, simplified HIPAA compliance, and expedited access to vital medical records.
Simpana software replaced the hospital's legacy data backup solution to better safeguard nearly 2 PB of crucial medical and patient data. The newly protected data includes more than 400 clinical and business applications, and a BIDMC custom clinical application called Center for Clinical Computing (CCC) that leverages InterSystems CACHE, an advanced object database that handles huge volumes of transactional data.BIDMC reports that its decade-old data environment was fraught with performance and reliability issues, and major gaps in reporting that made it difficult to manage backups, requiring an inordinate amount of administrative overhead. To address these problems, and an annual storage growth rate between 25 and 33 percent, BIDMC confidently deployed Simpana software and several tiered storage solutions, including EMC CLARiiON CX4, Celerra NS-960 NAS, Atmos cloud-based storage, and VNX. BIDMC uses Simpana 9.0 SP6 to support 411 virtual guests on VMware vSphere® 4 and 5 (hosted on 37 physical servers) and about 300 physical machines. The team currently enjoys a backup success rate of 99 percent. Simpana software's single platform, centralized management and policy automation has enabled BIDMC to significantly enhance staff productivity and reduce overall administration costs through more efficient data and information management. The BIDMC team now spends 40 percent less time on backups, and more time planning and strategizing for the future.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV