GE Oil & Gas (NYSE: GE), a leading supplier of equipment and services for liquefied natural gas (LNG) projects worldwide, has received a US$620 million, 22-year contractual service agreement (CSA) to provide a broad range of advanced technology services for QGC’s Queensland Curtis LNG (QCLNG) plant off the east coast of Australia.
QGC, parent company BG Group, and GE executives, including GE Chairman and CEO Jeff Immelt, were present at the signing of the CSA today in Australia.
One of Australia’s largest infrastructure projects, the QCLNG plant will be the world’s first facility to turn coal seam gas into LNG. Coal seam gas is plentiful in Australia and will form the basis for the growing Australian LNG industry. The QGC plant is the first of four LNG projects scheduled for Curtis Island and is expected to begin production in 2014, with the LNG produced primarily targeted for export including to China, Japan and Singapore.
In welcoming the contract, Immelt said, “The QGC project on Curtis Island is a glimpse of the future. As the world’s first facility to turn coal seam gas into LNG, it validates Australia’s commitment to innovative solutions and its position as a leader in LNG.”“It is also a great example of how industrial internet-based services—where we connect advanced machines, data and experts—can deliver better outcomes for our customers and society. GE is proud to be QGC’s partner in providing advanced technologies and services that enable reliable production of LNG and help meet the growing global demand for energy,” Mr Immelt said. The GE scope of work will include planned and unplanned maintenance of the GE equipment being installed at the QCLNG plant, including 15 PGT25+G4 aeroderivative gas turbines, 28 centrifugal compressors, gearboxes, generators and all auxiliaries. The agreement also includes monitoring and diagnostic services, as well as reliability guarantees on the equipment.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV