Citrix today announced the availability of rich content editing capabilities within Citrix ShareFile™ apps for mobile devices. Now, users can meet their mobility, productivity and collaboration needs from a single, intuitive app for iPad and/or iPhone (support for other devices coming soon). In addition to secure sync and sharing capabilities, the new apps will provide users with the ability to edit Microsoft® Office documents and annotate Adobe PDFs, enhancing productivity on the go, even when offline.
“People want to be able to create or open a document, easily edit it and save or share it – all from one app on their mobile device,” said Terri McClure, Senior Analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group. “Today, they are often putting corporate data at risk by using third party document viewing and editing tools that create an unsecured copy of their files on the mobile devices. With an easy-to-use, integrated and company-sanctioned option like Citrix ShareFile, data stays in the secure file sharing environment and under IT’s control.”
- Boost user productivity with rich content editing on mobile devices. Users can create, review and edit Microsoft Office documents within the ShareFile app and edit them with similar tools that are available from their desktop Office applications including: edit text, track changes, spell check, print, highlight, insert and present in slideshow mode. Users can also annotate Adobe PDF files within ShareFile and leverage all editing and annotation capabilities even when offline. In addition to providing an intuitive experience, the apps ensure that users do not have to purchase, download and rely on separate editors to get their work done on mobile devices.
- Improve data security on mobile devices by enabling users to leverage a built-in editor. IT can then restrict the use of third-party editors that employees may be using, and thereby prevent employees from storing copies of sensitive data within those apps. This capability – along with remote wipe, encryption, passcode lock and poison pill features – ensures that IT can secure corporate content on mobile devices.
- Retain folder and sub folder structure on mobile devices with the ability to mark entire folders in addition to individual files for offline access on mobile devices. The feature will keep all files in the offline folder in-sync with any changes made to the folder, including updates to files within the folder, changes to the structure of sub-folders and addition of new files. This feature allows users to stay connected to all updated content even when offline.
“We continue to see strong customer adoption of Citrix ShareFile for iOS, with downloads doubling each quarter,” said Jesse Lipson, VP & GM, Data Sharing, Citrix. “Delivering native document editing capabilities is a natural next step in the evolution of the product, complementing our current features to create a more intuitive and delightful user experience. ShareFile is ideal for enterprises who are looking for an integrated, easy-to-use data editing and sharing solution that meets IT’s mandate for security.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts