UPS (NYSE:UPS) today announced that it has become the first global express delivery company to be wholly-owned in Vietnam, following its acquisition of the 49 percent interest of VN Post Express in the two companies' express delivery joint venture. The change will allow UPS to better connect Vietnam's rapidly expanding economy to world markets through the UPS network.
"We are excited about this new opportunity,” said Brendan Canavan, UPS Asia Pacific President. “With UPS now wholly-owned in Vietnam, our customers in this growing market are better connected to the world through the UPS global network. We would also like to thank the government of Vietnam for its support in recognizing express delivery services as an enabler of trade and commerce.”
As a part of its global growth strategy, UPS has invested in new facilities and technology in key commercial and industrial centers across Vietnam, including Ba Ria, Binh Duong, Hai Duong and Bac Ninh provinces. The new centers are strategically located in key business districts where there is a high demand for logistics services. They provide Vietnamese businesses and exporters in these areas greater access to UPS logistics services and capabilities.
In addition to the new centers, UPS has made other significant investments in Vietnam during the last two years including the introduction of a Preferred LCL (less-than-container-load) Ocean Freight service that provides service that is up to 40 percent faster than traditional LCL services to the United States from the port of Ho Chi Minh City. In 2012, enhanced shipping and tracing solutions - such as Internet Pickup and UPS Quantum View Manage - were made available in Vietnamese on UPS.com, further demonstrating UPS’s continued commitment towards serving the needs of Vietnamese companies.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV