When airlines get serious about becoming profitable, they turn to Radixx International, whose hosted reservation services pioneered the replacement of expensive, limited mainframes with a cost-effective, cloud-based system. When Radixx decided to maximize customer service, control communications spending and ensure business continuity, it turned to 8x8, Inc. (NASDAQ: EGHT) for its market-leading business VoIP phone service and integrated unified communications.
Radixx is replacing the on-premise PBX at its Orlando, Fla., headquarters with 8x8’s Virtual Office hosted VoIP solution. The initial deployment covered 63 phones, including 10 used by employees who work from home or abroad. Radixx plans to extend Virtual Office to a total of 100 phones.
Radixx immediately achieved three major benefits with Virtual Office:
- IT staff are now free to focus on revenue-generating tasks instead of managing a PBX. “Our core business is not maintaining a PBX,” said Ron Peri, Radixx Founder, Chairman and CEO. “Our core business is hosting airlines around the world.”
- As a hosted solution, Virtual Office ensures business continuity that previously wasn’t possible if a disaster had struck Radixx’s on-premise PBX. “By moving that into the cloud, we now have a far more robust business-continuity plan,” Peri said.
- Virtual Office extends all hosted PBX services to employee smartphones, tablets and PCs, maximizing their responsiveness and productivity. This feature also virtually eliminates roaming and long-distance charges for staff who travel or are based abroad. “When you look at all of the displaceable costs, it’s a very powerful argument to move to 8x8,” Peri said.
Radixx also implemented 8x8’s hosted contact center software solution, beginning with 10 seats.“It’s the best automated call distribution (ACD) product I’ve seen,” Peri said. “Before 8x8, it could take anywhere from 45 seconds to a minute and a half before a customer got into the support queue. Now it’s 7 to 10 seconds. The customers are definitely happier about it.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts