8x8, Inc. (Nasdaq: EGHT), provider of innovative cloud-based communication and computing solutions, today introduced a new Virtual Office Desktop softphone application for its award-winning Virtual Office business VoIP and Virtual Office Pro unified communications solutions.
Virtual Office Desktop provides all of the same functionality of the Virtual Office Online browser application in a more robust native Windows and Mac application. Integrating a business softphone with one-on-one video calling, web and video conferencing along with visual voicemail, 8x8’s update to Virtual Office Desktop also includes enterprise grade IM (instant messaging) and presence along with fax, and social media feeds, all found in one easy to use application.
Benefits of Virtual Office Desktop include:
- Better call and message notification: For web applications, users need to launch a browser and navigate to a web page that can get hidden behind other browser tabs, making it easy to miss calls and chats. As a native Windows and Mac app, Virtual Office Desktop automatically launches when the computer starts. The app shows system alerts or screen pops in the foreground when incoming calls, IMs and faxes are received. Calls can ring both a headset and the computer speakers in case the user has temporarily put down his or her headset.
- Simplified user interface and compact design: Saves screen space while providing q uick access to a personal and corporate directory, soft phone, online meetings and faxes. The History tab provides an easily searchable archive of call logs, chats, meeting info, recordings and social media feeds.
- Improved call quality: Echo cancellation and native support for advanced speech codecs improve audio quality on Windows, even with low bandwidth connections.
“8x8 strives to provide the best communications tools across all connected devices,” said 8x8 Senior Product Manager Phillip Liu. “While customers appreciate the convenience of quickly accessing 8x8’s unified communications app through any web browser, our most dedicated users wanted the absolute best call quality and user experience which can only be delivered through a native Windows or Mac application. I’m proud of the work our engineers and designers did to integrate so much capability in an easy-to-use app that’s designed for continuous use throughout the workday.“
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts