Spring Cleaning Checklist From The Maids
OMAHA, Neb., March 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Old Man Winter soon will wave goodbye as sweet spring stops in for a visit. This is the season to start anew, and that includes freshening up your home after a long bout of cold weather.
Experts at The Maids ( www.maids.com), the only franchised residential cleaning service to clean for health, offer the following tips to help you reach your spring cleaning goals. First, make a checklist of tasks for each room, beginning with the most important jobs. Incorporate ideas from the categories below to get started.
IT'S A WASH
- Launder or air out items like curtains, cushions, pillows, blankets and rugs.
- Vacuum items that don't always receive attention such as sofas and chairs, and the floors under beds and other heavy furniture.
- Dust or carefully vacuum TVs, stereo equipment and other electronics.
- Target other items that may not get regular care: window blinds, ceiling fans and picture frames, to name a few.
- Wash walls and baseboards, light fixtures, switch plates and stairway banisters.
- Wash windows with vinegar and a microfiber cloth to remove grime and that filmy substance that some commercial cleaners leave behind. Wash and repair window screens.
- Clean the insides of your washer and dryer, including the lint trap.
- Remove everything from closets, drawers, shelves and storage receptacles and decide whether you'll keep each item, sell it or donate it. Clean storage areas thoroughly before returning saved items.
- Empty your refrigerator and freezer, too, throwing out dated items and washing the interior with warm, soapy water.
- De-clutter your basement and garage.
- Take care of annual or semi-annual chores such as steam-cleaning carpeting or resealing tile floors, for instance.
- Outside, sweep and hose down walks and driveways so you don't track in dirt and mud.
- In the bathroom, scrub tiles and grout. Re-grout loose tiles and re-caulk around fixtures. Replace old showerheads.
- Open windows to allow fresh air in.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV