SAN FRANCISCO, March 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the enterprise cloud computing company, today announced the next generation of Salesforce Chatter – the leading enterprise social network – setting the standard for social and mobile CRM. Salesforce.com is building upon its mobile CRM leadership with new innovations to transform the way customer companies sell, service and market to their customers. For the first time ever, now companies will be able to access, create and act on customer information within Salesforce – all in the Chatter feed, from any device. And because Chatter is built on the Salesforce Platform, salesforce.com is the only company that can deliver social and mobile innovations that enable companies to connect with their customers, partners and employees in entirely new ways.
Comments on the News
- "Companies are grappling with the new business world where every customer has a voice through social and mobile technologies and expectations for immediate engagement," said Nasi Jazayeri, EVP and GM of Salesforce Chatter, salesforce.com. "The new Salesforce Chatter delivers the next generation of social and mobile CRM to customer companies, transforming the way they connect with their customers in entirely new ways. Now every company employee can put the customer first to deliver amazing sales, service or marketing experiences right from the feed."
- "Vodafone Australia's thousands of retail employees — spread across hundreds of stores throughout the country — are mobile users. Chatter helps them stay connected to one another and provides a bridge to our corporate office functions and information," said Murray Elliott, social systems manager, Vodafone Australia. "With a few quick words and a tap, employees can access up-to-date information, opinions, and expert help for optimizing customer sales and service interactions. Chatter has helped us create a real sense of community internally and has given us the ability to stay in touch and up-to-date like never before."
- "We receive customer requests that require rapid turnaround - around the clock. Salesforce Chatter takes accessibility to the next level," said Dave McDermott, director of Sales Enablement, Kelly Services. "Employees around the world can collaborate on activity crucial to our clients wherever they are, on any device."
- "The industry is moving toward social and mobile sales, service and marketing much more quickly than many realize," said Frank Gens, SVP and chief analyst, IDC. "Companies that are not putting their competitive energy into arming their employees for these areas will be trapped in the legacy portion of the market."
Become a Customer CompanyThe shift to social and mobile cloud computing has empowered companies to connect with their customers in entirely new ways and become customer companies. Customer companies listen to every customer, engage on every channel and deliver great customer service everywhere. They sell as a team, connect products to the network and deliver apps on any device. By connecting everything – customers, employees, partners and products – customer companies revolutionize the way they sell, service, market and innovate. Salesforce.com is the only company delivering a next generation customer platform that gives companies the power to create deeper connections with their customers and unlock greater levels of growth, innovation and success.New Salesforce Chatter: Sell, Service and Market From Within the Feed, From Any DeviceThe proliferation of mobile devices has changed employee expectations – they want the apps they interact with at work to be like the apps they use in their personal lives – easy to navigate and use from any device. At the same time, the rapid adoption of social networks means more than a billion people are engaging in entirely new ways, all through the feed. Legacy CRM software was built for an era of desktops and siloed departments, but today's customer companies know they need the power of social and mobile technologies to connect with customers, partners, employees and products. With the new Chatter, for the first time, from any device users will be able to:
- Access all customer information stored inside Salesforce including customer accounts, campaigns, cases, leads, opportunities and custom apps built on top of the Salesforce Platform. Now, users can get real-time updates – such as a quote approval, service inquiry or social conversation – to connect with customers in entirely new ways.
- Create and edit information and notifications from the new publisher that lets users seamlessly scroll through a variety of actions including files, photos, polls, tasks, thanks and more. In just a couple of taps, users can now create a task, edit a contract or even create a custom action.
- Act on updates around contacts, accounts, opportunities, campaigns and custom records directly from the feed. For example, a sales rep in a taxi can see a deal update in the feed and send the necessary files to close the deal – making every moment actionable.
- Design Within Reach selected Chatter to help employees quickly get answers for product-related questions – like dimension details, available finishes, or when a backordered item will become available – via mobile devices so reps can use it to get answers anytime.
- Kelly Services selected Chatter to allow employees to collaborate and participate in conversations across functions, geographies, and operations, thanks to a private employee social network.
- Vodafone Australia selected Chatter to unify conversations with business processes across geographies, teams, product lines and retail stores. Teams from marketing to technology will take advantage of the mobility of Chatter to collaborate from virtually anywhere.
- Virgin America selected Chatter to create a wall-to-wall employee social network to align, motivate and drive performance across its entire workforce.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV