SUNNYVALE, Calif., March 19, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Alpha and Omega Semiconductor Limited (AOS) (Nasdaq:AOSL), a designer, developer and global supplier of a broad range of power semiconductors and power ICs, today released the AOZ1948, a single channel buck LED controller which features LED dimming resolution with full linearity from 100% to 1%, in addition to added integrated circuit protection capabilities for improved system solution robustness and reliability. The device is able to support VIN levels from 9V to 500V which makes it ideally suited for AC/DC lighting applications such as general lighting for commercial and industrial environments, and backlighting for next generation LED TVs.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=17665
The AOZ1948 combines key performance and device safety features for improved solution reliability and robustness. The device's current control method provides a best-in-class LED current regulation of better than 2% and supports duty cycles up to 90%. In addition, the AOZ1948 integrates many fault detection and safety features such as over-current protection, auto-restart OCP, thermal overload, and high voltage sensing and adjustable fault timer."I am excited about the market prospect for the AOZ1948, our first step-down LED controller IC for advanced lighting solutions," said Wayne Eng, Director of Product Marketing at AOS. "The buck topology in LED backlighting solutions offers our customers improved overall solution cost with reduced component count and smaller footprint on the PCB." Pricing and Availability The AOZ1948 is immediately available in production quantities with a lead-time of 12 weeks. The unit price for 1,000 pieces is $0.495.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV