Motorola Solutions, Inc.
(NYSE: MSI), a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers, today announced that it has been honored with five red dot product design 2013 awards. The HC1 headset computer, MC40 mobile computer, O2 control head, SL Series digital radio and TLKR two-way radios were recognized for their excellence in design quality. They were selected by a 37-member jury of international experts out of more than 4,600 entries in 19 categories.
About Motorola’s red dot product design 2013 award-winning products:
About the red dot product design 2013 awards:
- HC1 headset computer – The HC1 is the first in a new class of Motorola hands-free enterprise mobile computers that leverages advanced voice recognition, head gestures and video streaming to enable users to access and navigate business-critical documents and applications.
- MC40 mobile computer – The MC40 is Motorola’s first multi-purpose mobile computer for retail and hospitality applications that integrates inventory management with collaboration and line-busting mobile point-of-sale (mPOS) capabilities in a compelling form factor. It can also be used in industries such as transit for mobile ticketing and payment.
- MOTOTRBO™ SL Series radio - The SL Series is the world’s thinnest, lightest Digital Mobile Radio (DMR) portable, designed to meet the communication needs of business users and executives in industries such as hospitality, services, security and airlines.
- O2 control head – The O2 mobile radio control head brings Motorola’s proven rugged XE design features to the vehicle environment for use in extreme conditions where water, dirt and vibration are prevalent.
- TLKR two-way radio series – The TLKR series of high-end performance walkie-talkies provides users with a cost-effective, efficient method of person-to-person voice communications for extreme sports, outdoor activities and wherever reliable communication is needed.
Paul Steinberg, senior vice president and chief technology officer, Motorola Solutions
- The awards ceremony will take place on July 1, 2013 as part of the red dot gala held at the Aalto Theatre in Essen, Germany. Motorola’s award-winning products will then be on display for a four-week special exhibition in the red dot design museum in Germany.
- With the red dot design award, the Design Zentrum Nordrhein Westfalen created one of the most internationally acclaimed competitions. The “red dot” prize has established itself as one of the most sought-after quality marks for excellent design.
“We are honored to be recognized by red dot with its product design 2013 award –one of the premier recognitions for quality in design – for five of our products. These innovative products, such as the MC40 mobile computer and SL Series radio, are built to improve our customers’ productivity and performance through advanced design thinking.”