METRO INC. - Departure Of A Senior Executive
MONTREAL, March 19, 2013 /CNW Telbec/ - METRO INC. (the « Corporation ») announces that Mr. Robert Sawyer, Executive Vice-President and Chief Operating Officer since April 2009, will be leaving the Corporation to become President and Chief Executive Officer of a company operating in another sector.
"Mr. Sawyer has played an important role in the success of METRO over the past 33 years and it's with regret that we learned of his decision to accept a new challenge with another company. We thank him for his contribution and wish him well in his new position," said Mr. Eric La Flèche, President and Chief Executive Officer of METRO INC.
The succession plan of the Corporation is being implemented and the heads of the Quebec and Ontario divisions will now be reporting to the CEO. The position of Chief Operating Officer will not be filled.
METRO INC.With annual sales of over $11 billion and over 65,000 employees, Metro Inc. is a leader in the food and pharmaceutical sectors in Québec and Ontario, where it operates a network of more than 600 food stores under several banners including Metro, Metro Plus, Super C and Food Basics, as well as over 250 drugstores under the Brunet, The Pharmacy and Drug Basics banners. SOURCE METRO INC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV