DALLAS, March 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Expanding its line of energy-efficient, no-load adapter power controllers, Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today announced the industry's first flyback controller that exceeds Energy Star 5 standby power requirements for 10- to 65-W AC/DC adapters used with notebooks, motor control, smart meters, micro-inverters and other high-powered applications. Used in conjunction with TI's award-winning WEBENCH ® online design tool, the LM5023 flyback controller simplifies and speeds high-voltage DC/DC designs. For more information, visit: www.ti.com/lm5023-pr.
TI is demonstrating the LM5023 in its booth #109 at the Applied Power Electronics Conference and Expo (APEC) in Long Beach, Calif.
TI's new LM5023 isolated quasi-resonant pulse-width modulation (PWM) controller with integrated 700-mA driver offers high efficiency at up to 90 percent, low EMI and less than 10-mW of standby power. The LM5023 provides 1-percent accurate output voltage regulation, eliminating the need for cable compensation. When coupled with the highly accurate LMV431 shunt reference, it provides a competitively priced, 1-percent accurate flyback controller system.
Key features and benefits of the LM5023:
- One-percent voltage output regulation over line, load and temperature eliminates the need for cable compensation.
- Exceeds Energy Star 5 and European Commission 5-Star requirements for stand-by power (greater than 30 mW): Operates at low-power skip mode for ultra-low stand-by power, or less than 10 mW at 230 Vac. This minimizes energy-wasting vampire effect of AC/DC power supplies.
- Quasi-resonant operation improves efficiency while lowering EMI emission versus fixed frequency schemes.
- Integrated 700-mA gate driver drives large FETs for higher power outputs without additional components.
- Hiccup-mode overload protection reduces the stress on power components during overload conditions , increasing system reliability.
- Critical conduction mode results in higher efficiencies, reducing switching losses through lower EMI and the use of a less expensive rectifier diode.
- Check out TI's extensive line of adapter power solutions.
- See more of TI's isolated power solutions.
- Design a complete power management system online with TI's WEBENCH Power Designer.
- Speed time-to-market with TI's PowerLab™ reference design library, including TI's new UCC28710 controller-based 10-W AC Eco-charger for tablets and smartphones design.
- Check out "Jeff does APEC" live on the Power House blog to keep up with trends and topics from the showroom floor.
- Ask questions and help solve problems in the Power Forum in the TI E2E™ Community: www.ti.com/powerforum-pr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV