1. See Attachment A for definitions and reconciliation of adjusted OIBDA and adjusted OIBDA margin to their most directly comparable US GAAP financial measures.
2. Here and below in the release, net income stands for net income attributable to the Group.
3. See Attachment B for reconciliation of free cash-flow to net cash provided by operating activity.
Mr. Alexey Kornya, MTS Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, said, "In 2012, Group adjusted OIBDA increased by 3% to $5.3 billion. Throughout the year we showed faster adjusted OIBDA growth relative to revenues due to rising contribution from data services and sustained focus on reducing costs. Group adjusted OIBDA margin came in above our guidance for 2012 at 42.6%, despite the suspension of our business in Uzbekistan, which had historically demonstrated a higher adjusted OIBDA margin than elsewhere. For the quarter, Group adjusted OIBDA increased by 1% year-over-year despite on-going costs in Uzbekistan and strategic decisions made by the company to increase our retail network. In Russia, OIBDA rose by 11% to RUB 148 billion. Sustained improvements in OIBDA throughout the year reflected on-going efforts by the Company to manage costs, while we realized benefits from decreased competitive activity." He continued, "CAPEX for the year came in line with our guidance at $2.9 billion or roughly 23% of sales. In 2012, we continued build-out of our 3G networks, which has reached 28,000 base stations with over 90% sites connected via IP-channels. We invested in backbone and backhaul roll-out in the regions as well as in our GPON project in Moscow, bringing the total length of our fiber-optic networks up to over 140,000 km." Mr. Dubovskov added, "With the near completion of our aggressive roll-out of 3G in 2012, we foresee a decrease in 3G-related CAPEX in 2013. However, we need to direct sufficient funds towards LTE network build-out to ensure we are able to offer our customers cutting edge solutions and seize commercial opportunities, which LTE provides. Overall, we expect to spend 20% of sales on capital investments. For the period 2013 to 2015, we expect cumulative CAPEX/sales ratio in the range of 18-19%. We are confident that in 2013 we will be able to realize our goal of 5 to 7% revenue growth in local currencies. We believe that macroeconomic factors, the changing revenue mix within the Group and improvement in the competitive environment will allow us to sustain our OIBDA margin in the range of 41 to 42% for 2013."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV