WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. and CAMBRIDGE, Mass., March 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- 2013 NAB Show Booth SL2724 -- Olympusat Telecom, a strategic business division of Olympusat Holdings, Inc., the United States market leader in the development and distribution of independent Hispanic, Specialty, and Faith & Family television networks, and Akamai Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: AKAM), the leading cloud platform for helping enterprises provide secure, high-performing user experiences on any device, anywhere, announced today that Olympusat is in the process of standardizing on Akamai's Sola Media Solutions for its end-to-end content preparation. Olympusat is incorporating Akamai's cloud-based Sola Vision transcoding, stream packaging and security services, as well as Sola Sphere content delivery and network storage solutions into its overall video management services offering for television and rich media customers.
Olympusat is using Sola Media Solutions to simplify the secure delivery of HD-quality video content to the widest multi-screen audience possible. Uploading a single content master "mezzanine" file to a watch folder on Sola Sphere's NetStorage initiates an automated workflow that generates and packages multiple video renditions that are optimized for playback across iOS and Android smartphones and tablets, desktops, connected TVs, gaming consoles and OTT devices. The new workflow is intended to help Olympusat realize efficiencies and benefits that can be passed on to customers in the form of streamlined costs, turnaround time, content protection and expanded reach.
"Olympusat customers require the ability to efficiently and securely distribute video to any device, on any platform, across any network globally, and their audiences expect that content to be of the highest possible quality, no matter how they're watching," said C. Austin Powers, President, Olympusat Telecom. "Akamai gives us the necessary workflow tools and scale to meet the vast set of requirements that are critical to success in today's world of multi-screen content consumption."Olympusat has started deploying an Akamai content workflow consisting of the following key Sola Vision and Sola Sphere components:
- Transcoding: Multiple renditions of a single mezzanine file are created for adaptive bitrate streaming in order to improve viewing experience on various viewing devices.
- SecureHD: A modular set of conditional access solutions designed to provide protection against unauthorized use and redistribution of online streaming video content.
- Stream Packaging: Player requests are automatically interpreted in real time, enabling on-the-fly stream formatting for compatibility with the viewing device.
- NetStorage and Stream Delivery: Reliable online storage and HTTP media delivery to address the broad variety of network types and streaming formats.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV