ADTRAN®, Inc., (NASDAQ:ADTN), a leading provider of cloud connectivity, virtual mobility and enterprise communications solutions, today announced a revolutionary voice migration platform that answers market demand for multiple-voice deployment on an efficient single-solution platform. Designed for service providers and enterprises, the NetVanta ® 7000 family has a new software configuration that enables deployment of premise-based PBX functions or cloud-based and hosted VoIP services all with a single hardware platform. The all-in-one design for voice, data, video, and wireless services creates business efficiency and capabilities that today’s businesses need to remain competitive.
Historically, voice deployments demanded purpose-built platforms to act as either a PBX or a gateway for cloud-based and hosted services. With the NetVanta 7100, this has changed. Now, service providers who previously deployed hosted VoIP solutions can offer alternate deployment scenarios. Those deploying premise-based PBX solutions now have the option to provide a platform that has a migration path to hosted services. By taking this approach, the service providers protect their existing investment in technology and resource support. In addition, for either hosted or premise based solutions, local survivability is supported. This provides the end users additional peace of mind when next generation communication technologies are deployed.
“Given the rapid rise of hosted and cloud-based voice service applications, as an alternative to premises-based PBX, a single hardware platform to address both introduces a new level of efficiency in scale and management to the market,” said Rob Arnold, program manager, Unified Communications and Collaboration at Frost & Sullivan. “With the new NetVanta 7000 series voice migration capability, ADTRAN is enabling their channels to easily address end-user’s needs to migrate from one type of service to another as their business demands.”
While the NetVanta 7000 series enables end-users with the ability to select different communication services and preserve network infrastructure – IP phones, switches, gateways, wireless access points – it also provides multiple benefits to service providers and the reseller channels that support these customers. Benefits for the channel include:
- Lower inventory carrying costs – With a single SKU for either premises PBX or hosted VoIP UC, resellers are able to carry less inventory and reduce costs.
- Competitive differentiation - Channel partners focusing on pure play cloud-based and hosted or premises based UC can now offer a migratory platform which supports both types of deployments.
- Reduced training cost – With the same equipment utilized for both premises and hosted scenarios, both sales employees and end users are able to undergo one training session for the equipment regardless of the scenario.
- Service diversification – Resellers can grow their practice with a single solution that supports the three most widely demanded communication infrastructures: on-site customer PBX, managed PBX, or hosted PBX.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts