March 19, 2013
erformance Set-Top Box Devices from Broadcom Integrate Antix Game-Related Native Services
Delivers executable, interactive games to broad range of high performance and efficient STB platforms from Broadcom
Enables deployment of a single game SKU that utilizes the full power of Broadcom hardware and software
Eliminates the need for FLASH/HTML5, emulation or virtual machine solutions to deliver high quality media
- Antix Labs today announced it is working with Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ: BRCM) on an integrated service that delivers executable, interactive games to consumer home devices, including smartphones, tablets and television set-top boxes (STB). The combined offering integrates Broadcom's full breadth of silicon and advanced IPTV, cable and satellite STB technology solutions with the
Antix Game Service (AGS).
The Antix Game Service is a scalable solution for the STB market that supports game development, discovery, delivery, store and payment and addresses security, performance and usability needs. It makes games even more viral than music and video while still protecting the rights and the revenues of the developers.
When using the Antix Game Service, end users benefit from:
- High performance native game capabilities deliver high quality media without the overhead and limitations of FLASH/HTML5, emulation or virtual machine solutions
- Ability to copy and share games across devices and enjoy uninterrupted play (from television to mobile devices and vice versa) irrespective of network availability
- Breakthrough methods that make TV game payments by phone and tablet easy
- Use of mobile and tablet devices as game controllers for fast-action games that are unsuitable for an IR remote
Service providers benefit from:
- A method for deploying and updating a single SKU that utilizes Broadcom's full breadth of silicon and depth of integration for a full range of devices from basic phones to advanced STBs